April is Child Abuse Prevention Month….
and Council for Children’s Rights is part of the Mecklenburg Child Abuse Prevention Team, a group of child-serving organizations and individuals who have joined forces to help build public awareness around the issue of child abuse awareness and prevention.
- All children deserve great childhoods.
- We all have a role to play in making sure that our community is a place where children and families are able to thrive.
- Preventing child abuse and neglect means helping parents have the knowledge, skills, resources, and support they need to provide the safe, stable and nurturing environments all children need to thrive.
It’s the Law:
By law, any person in North Carolina who has cause to suspect that a child is being abused or neglected has an obligation to report the abuse.
Mecklenburg County 24-hour hotline: 704-336-CARE (2273)
Pinwheels for Prevention Campaign
Why the Pinwheel:
The pinwheel has been adopted nationally as a symbol of child abuse/neglect prevention. It symbolizes the stable, healthy and protected childhood all children deserve. Pinwheels and pinwheel gardens help to create awareness of the issue and of the role all of us can and should play in insuring the development and growth of all children. Shining in the sun, the pinwheel is reflective of the bright future all children deserve.
During the month of April, we invite you to use the pinwheel to show your support for children and families in our community.
We need your help during Child Abuse Prevention Month.
With your help, we can increase awareness and promote a community conversation about child abuse prevention. Please feel free to use these resources on your personal and organizational social media platforms.
- Spread this message via Twitter, Facebook, your blog or other preferred social media sites.
- #Pass the Pinwheel – Take a “selfie” with our downloadable pinwheel and tag your friends to #passthepinwheel for child abuse prevention.
- Let us know what simple steps you’re taking this April to promote great childhoods in your community. Share your actions with us on social media!
Visit the Meck4Kids web site for lots more information on prevention, pinwheel gardens, programs and resources for parents and professionals.
Twitter Hashtags: #CAPMonth #passthepinwheel