Wouldn’t it feel great to DO GOOD right here in Charlotte?
Here’s your chance. Giving Tuesday, coming up on Nov. 28, is a global day dedicated to giving. In Charlotte we’re celebrating #GivingTuesdayCLT from with more than 230 other local nonprofits. Together we’re working for two weeks to raise $10,000,000 for our community!
This is going to be an amazing time of giving, unlike anything Charlotte has seen before – and you can help!
CHILDREN IN OUR COMMUNITY NEED YOUR HELP
- 20% (1 in 5) children in Mecklenburg County live in poverty
- Despite an overall decline in child poverty, children remain the poorest age group in the nation.
- NC ranks 31 in the country with 65.7% of youth with major depression not receiving any mental health treatment. The national average is 64.1%
- 60% of youth who spend time in pre-trial detention don’t return to school or drop out within 5 mos
YOUR CONTRIBUTION TO COUNCIL FOR CHILDREN’S RIGHTS WILL
help a child with spec education needs gain access to appropriate classroom experiences,
help ensure a troubled child has access to legal representation and better future,
help a child with mental health challenges receive the treatment they need,
give a voice to a child caught in a contentious custody battle.
THERE ARE LOTS OF WAYS YOU CAN HELP!
- Like us on social media (Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram) and share our posts (don’t forget to use the hashtag #GivingTuesdayCLT).
- Share this page with friends, encourage them to give, get involved and help spread the word.
- Make a gift of funds or goods to our agency.
- Get involved as a volunteer with us during 2018.
Thank you for playing a part in making this year’s #GivingTuesdayCLT – and Charlotte – better than ever!