1. My child is having a mental health crisis. Who do I call?
2. My child is having severe behavior and/or emotional issues. How do I find him/her help?
3. My child has recently been diagnosed with a mental health condition. Where can I get more information?
4. My child has Medicaid. How do I find mental health services for my child?
5. My child has Medicaid and I received a letter stating that my child’s services are being terminated/suspended/reduced/denied. What do I do?
The Notice of Decision letter from Cardinal contains information about the Reconsideration Review and important details and deadlines. Be sure to read all materials from Cardinal carefully and take notes of any time limits!
If you are in further need of assistance with your appeal and would like to contact an attorney, consider contacting Legal Aid of NC at 704-375-1600 to see if you would be eligible for their legal services.
6. My child has Medicaid and I have concerns about my child’s therapy services and/or workers (e.g., no one has contacted me to begin services, the workers cancel appointments or do not call me back when I have questions, or the therapy is not working). What can I do?
If your child is covered by Medicaid, Cardinal Innovations Healthcare Solutions Network provides a couple of additional options for filing a complaint or grievance:
- Call the Cardinal Innovations Healthcare Solutions Concern Line at 1-888-213-9687.
- Provide your complaint or grievance directly to someone in Quality Management by calling 704-939-7700.
If you want to make a complaint after regular business hours or over the weekend, call the Access line at 1-800-939-5911.
7. My child has private insurance. How do I find mental health services for my child?