Explore the resources within the report
This annual report — formerly known as State of Mecklenburg’s Children — has been produced by the Council for more than 30 years and has become a go-to resource for data on children and families in our community. We are excited to be providing this critical information to the community as a resource to support our community’s efforts to increase equity and opportunity for all our children.
Download the entire report below or explore the myriad links and resources highlighted throughout the report in this easy-to-click guide.
For more information, or to take action, please visit the following resources from each of the five sections of The State of Our Children Report.
- Raise the Age
- The School-to-Prison Pipeline
- Racial and Ethnic Disparities/Disproportionate Minority Contact
- Race Matters for Juvenile Justice
The Chronicle of Social Change
- Prevention Services
- Limiting Support for Congregate Foster Care
- Adoption, Foster Home Recruitment, Reunification, etc.
- Federal Poverty Guidelines
- Resources on Poverty Measurement
- United States Census Bureau’s Fact Finder
- Census Data Explorer
The Living Wage
Housing, Homelessness and Assistance
Child Care Programs in NC
United States Congress